for one of my fantastic longtherm clients i am looking for a
Principal Infrastructure Architect (Enterprise)- Cloud Technologies
fluent english required - any european language is nice to have
Traveltime: minimum 50%
to discuss this opportunity with you feel firstname.lastname@example.org
· Demonstrates Technical Infrastructure Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development IT Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
· Participates in development of customer architectural strategies, including technology standardization, modernization and virtualization.
· Analyzes business and technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and related cost for each project request.
· Align architectural strategy with customer's business objectives, delivers designs that meet business requirements, are on time, and within budget.
· Develops implementation and migration strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability of systems.
· Produce design documents to effectively hand over infrastructure architectures to Operations teams for successful systems engineering and implementation.
· Leads or participates in the successful delivery of complex customer IT Infrastructure projects from planning, design to implementation.
· Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks and security.
· Working closely with customer teams across the DACH Region.
· Continuously focuses on project delivery excellence and high level of customer satisfaction
· Build tight working relationship with offshore networking delivery teams.
· Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
· The candidate will be part of the Infrastructure Services team in the DACH region, providing technical networking expertise within the team.
· Candidate will report to the lead for the DACH region and be part of the European Enterprise Compute Expertise team.
Technical Skills required:
· Strong understanding of industry standards and best practices for IT Infrastructures, keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies and providing guidance and direction to customers and project teams.
· Strong understanding of across main infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end IT Infrastructure architectures and designs.
· Experience in platform and data center migrations and consolidations.
· 4+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on server, storage, networking, and cloud technologies.
· 10+ years' experience with MS Server Operating Systems
· 4+ years' experience with MS SQL, SharePoint and .NET
· 4+ years' experience with SAN, NAS design from architectural standpoint
· Must be well versed in and have experience IT policies and procedures and technology standards
· Knowledge of Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, HyperV, VMware)
· Experience in leading a team in applying all elements of Technical Consulting
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
· Must be comfortable making Disaster Recovery Models or recommendations.
· Experience and knowledge of Datacenter infrastructure applications from an architectural perspective.
Consulting skills required:
· Passionate, persuasive, articulate data center technical professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate server based technologies within the virtualized data center of the future.
· Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills
· Experience in working in Prince2 or PMI methodology managed projects.
· Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
· Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of data center virtualization
· Strong customer-interaction skills and architectural skills.
· Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with data center personnel, as well as work collaboratively and in a hands-on manner with technical professionals.
· Proven ability to document appropriate technical information to serve as base for training, technical operations run books and knowledge objects.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
· Relevant Industry certifications such as Microsoft (MCSA) and VMWare (VCP).
· TOGAF certification is an advantage.
· 10 or more years of IT experience.
· Minimum of 5 year experience as a technical consultant.
· Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams